Friday, February 24, 2006

Newsmax: "Nuclear Reactors Top Dubai Ports' Cargo List"

Wow:
Nuclear reactors are among the most significant U.S. exports shipped out of five of the six ports slated for takeover by a Dubai company next week.

According to U.S. Transportation Department numbers cited Thursday by Newsday, the two "top products" shipped in and out of the Ports of New York and New Jersey are "mineral fuel [and] nuclear reactors." The New York-New Jersey ports handle 4,862 ships each year.
I must confess that I am not up on the details of the Port debate. I like political issues that boil down to ethical problems since they require thinking more than research. However, just to put my two shekels in, my instinct is that the deal should be blocked. General principles are useful things.

Tags: , ,

No comments: