Thursday, July 03, 2008

MPAC person "Bulldozed by Al-Jazeera"

My favorite civil rights group, and yours too no doubt, MPAC-UK, is not pleased by press coverage of the bulldozer terror-attack in Jerusalem. "Bulldozed by Al-Jazeera" is their title:
I'm not really surprised when I see bias reporting on Fox, Sky, or even the BBC, but I was taken aback with what I saw on Al Jazeera English this afternoon.

Since its launch, Al Jazeera English has easily become my favourite choice of news coverage - a crusader for truth in the murky mass of Zionist influenced media.

However, today the bubble burst. I was aghast at the blatant lack of balance in Al Jazeera's 5pm top news bulletin regarding the Palestinian bulldozer attack in West Jerusalem, and more shocked to be savaged by one of their representatives when I telephoned to give my feedback . . .
"Savaged" here means "not taken seriously."
You need to see the TV coverage to understand my sentiments in full; I was genuinely sad about the needless loss of human life - three Israeli civilians dead and dozens injured. However, as I watched the coverage I became shocked at the pro-Israel bias, which included an interview with a representative of the Jerusalem Post . . .
The Jerusalem Post . . . horrors! Here's where the actual "bulldozing" occurs, I suppose:
I phoned Al Jazeera English to air my grievance and the initial point of contact listened courteously, acknowledged my comments and then put me through to someone who I understand has some editorial control. She was rude, abrupt and downright aggressive. She barked "Give me a break, lady" . . .
I wouldn't have been that polite. In case you didn't guess, I excerpted the article in such a way as to omit a great deal of pro-Palestinian hand-wringing, but go ahead and read the rest if you're so inclined. More on the press coverage of the attack here and here and here.

Crossposted on Soccer Dad

No comments: