Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Quote of the Day

The hat tip for this one goes to News for Members of the Tribe. This is from an essay by Dr. Steven M. Steinlight of the Center for Immigration Studies:
There’s a sad, if comic irony associated with the fact that employees at organizations like ADL, the American Jewish Committee, and the Presidents’ Conference must pass through a gauntlet of concrete barriers, armed guards, metal detectors, and double bulletproof anterooms as they come to work each morning to protect them from radical Islamic terrorists, in order to spend their days studying and disseminating reports on the "threat" posed by Evangelical Christians.
Whenever I go to the Jewish Federation building on Wilshire in Los Angeles, I have to go through something like airport security. I put my wallet, keys, and cell-phone in the little tray and put it on the conveyor-belt. I make a little joke along the lines of "What gate does my flight leave from?" I walk through the metal detector. I love this quote.

No comments: