Monday, February 13, 2006

More (sort-of) on Cheney's Hunting Accident

We continue to hear that this will be the source of bad PR for the right. It would be bad strategy for the right to act haughty and offended while the left tells endless hunting jokes--the right should also get in on the hunting jokes. Unfortunately, I don't have any original vice-presidential hunting jokes at my disposal. So here is the only hunting joke I know. It also happens to be a Cajun joke. It goes like this:

Boudreaux is caught by the game warden with an amazing number of squirrels. He has clearly exceeded the limit. The game warden says, "I am going to have to write you up, but tell me, how did you kill all those squirrels?" (If the game warden is also Cajun, that would be "How you kill all dem squirrel?")

Boudreaux replies, "I ugly 'em to death."

Game Warden: "You what?"

Boudreaux: "I ugly them to death."

Game Warden: "What does that mean?"

Boudreaux: "See that squirrel up there?" (We see a cute squirrel gamboling happily along on a tree branch. Budreaux suddenly scowls. The person telling the joke should act this out. The squirrel instantly emits a mortally wounded squeak and plummets to the ground--dead.)

Game Warden: "That's amazing--can anyone else do that?"

Boudreaux: "My wife can."

Game Warden: "Does she help you hunt?"

Boudreaux: "Nah, she tears 'em up too bad."

Tags: , , ,

No comments: